Blogging is one of the most important things you can do on your website because the search engines love fresh relevant content. For that reason we strongly recommend that you add quality content to your site three times per week!
Here is a list of blog post ideas with some blogging guidelines at the bottom. We will constantly be adding to this list as new inspiration comes. Please feel free to add your ideas in the comment section.
- Focus on one keyword phrase per month and create serial posts when possible.
- Set up alerts on keywords and follow industry blogs and comment when appropriate.
- Blog about industry trade shows, expos, etc.
- Associate some blog posts with current events, holidays and “National Whatever Day, Week or Month”.
- Use videos and screen capture tools to include multi-media in your posts.
- Expand on Frequently Asked Questions – one blog post per question.
- Review Google Analytics for other questions people are asking.
- Publish case studies or interviews with current successful licensees.
- Write a post about each of your products and any new ones you get in or create.
- If you have a business that sells any kind of foods or cooking accessories add recipes using your products, with a brief product description.
- Use the name of the product in your title so the search engines can find it.
- Posts need to be at least 300 words, 500 would be even better.
- Put links in your posts to direct the reader to expanded information when you can. Stay on subject.
- Use your keywords in the titles, don’t know what your keywords are, use your categories or what you imagine your readers would be searching on to find you.
- If you add a video in a post, transcribe the first bit of it so that you have a couple hundred words on your post. Search engines like words.